Derry Presbyterian Church, in keeping with the Book of Order of the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.), believes that marriage is a gift God has given to all humankind for the well-being of the entire human family. For Christians, marriage is a covenant through which a couple lives together before God in their lives of discipleship. The following guidelines apply:
- The prospective bride or the groom must be a member of Derry Presbyterian Church, or an active member of another Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.) congregation.
- The Session of Derry Church must approve all weddings held on the church property.
- No weddings will be scheduled on the third weekend in October, on Christmas Eve or Christmas Day, on New Year’s Eve or New Year’s Day, or from Palm Sunday through Easter.
- Due to clean up and parking limitations, weddings will not be scheduled less than four hours apart on the same day.
- Non-Derry member wedding dates and times will not be confirmed and guaranteed more than four months in advance of the wedding date.
- One of the Derry Church wedding coordinators will be assigned to every ceremony, if one has not been specifically requested in advance by the couple.
- The church can only be requested as a backup facility for an outdoor service when one of the Derry Church pastors is officiating at the ceremony. Although applicable building fees will apply only if the service is held at the church, honoraria for church staff (wedding coordinator and organist) must be paid whether the church building is used or not.
Based on the above criteria, if couples still have an interest in marrying at Derry Church, they should call the church secretary (717-533-9667) to inquire about available dates, and request a copy of “The Wedding Celebration” booklet, which contains guidelines and an application form. If the requested date is available, the prospective bride and groom must meet with one of the pastors before a wedding can be placed on the church calendar and before assurance can be given that a minister will participate in the ceremony.
After meeting with the minister, a wedding application form can be mailed or delivered to the church office to confirm the date, along with a non-refundable $100 deposit (non-Derry members only). Make checks payable to Derry Presbyterian Church.
|Fellowship Hall||$0||$100 per hour|
|Kitchen||Schedule of fees listed in Building Use Policy|
|Organist w/vocal or instrumental accompaniment||$275||$350|
|Organist for rehearsal||$50||$50|